We created this blog to publish our writing masterpieces for English class. If you ever need something to read check out our blog we will be updating it weekly. Also, feel free to leave a comment.

Wendell, Gabe, and Rashad

Friday, December 12, 2008

Gabe's Post

Gabe

Mr. Salsich

English

9th December, 2008

 

                                                Remorse, Regret, and Resolution;

                                                    An Essay About Resolutions

 

 

             (1) Everyone makes poor decisions, but it is what you learn from the decision that matters most. (2) If you get an “F” on your first math test, then you would resolve to do better on the others. (3) We’ve all had a situation like this in all of our lives and we’ve all had to find some lesson from this. (4) In my life, the best example of this is my preparation for the 8th grade assessment presentation.

            (TS) Throughout the 8th grade year, my biggest regret was my lack of preparation for the assessment project. (SD) I put off the presentation itself until the week before it was due. (CM) At the last minute, rushing frantically to meet the requirements, I managed to throw together a sub-par poster-board and unsatisfactory presentation. [SV split] (CM) I am very regretful for this because if I had taken the time and tried, I could have received a much better grade on the presentation. (SD) Along with procrastinating, I also did not take very good notes at my work-site. (CM) While writing the presentation, I found myself being redundant and vague.  (CM) I am remorseful of this as well because if I had paid more attention while working, I could’ve been more descriptive in my writing and raised my grade. (CS) Overall, procrastination and lack of attention were the two major flaws that affected my assessment presentation.

 

(TS) lack of preparation

(SD) I put off the presentation

(CM) I rushed at the last minute to finish it

(CM) If I had taken the time I could have made the presentation really good

(SD) I didn’t take good notes at the work site

(CM) While writing, I was very vague

(CM) I could have been more descriptive if I had paid more attention

(CS) Lack of attention and procrastination were two big flaws.

No comments: