We created this blog to publish our writing masterpieces for English class. If you ever need something to read check out our blog we will be updating it weekly. Also, feel free to leave a comment.

Wendell, Gabe, and Rashad

Friday, December 12, 2008

How I Spent My Summer Vacation

Wendell Frink

Mr. Salsich

9English

10 December 2008

How I Spent My Summer Vacation

An Essay on What I Regret

(1) Regrets is the “I wish that I” in your life; “I wish I spent more time with that person” or “I wish that I had gone and done more things;” where you talk about what you did or didn’t do. (2) There is something that I wish I had done. (3) If I had done this thing, then I would have a couple of items that I want. (4) My regret isn’t personal, but I still hold it to me that I made a mistake.

(TS) Everyone probably has regrets, even me. (SD) For example, a regret that I have is that I didn’t work over the summer. (CM)A teenager, working a whole day, can take in a lot of money. (CM) These are two things that I needed the most, money and initiative. (SD) During the summer I usually hang around the house, ambling throughout the rooms. (CM) But if I had gotten my act together, I would have used of spare time. (CM) Also, my mother wouldn’t have wanted to kill me for not doing summer work. (SD) If I had worked over the summer I would have two essential things. (CM) The first thing would be money, something that I want and need the most. (CM) The second thing would be a computer, something that I also need. (CS) After much thought, I realize that I should have worked this summer.

(TS) There is a way to redeem myself of these past regrets, and let my past regrets redeem themselves. (SD) One way that I am changing this is that I am trying to get a job. (CM) Work will occupy my mind and keep me out of trouble. (CM) I’ll also be able to buy that computer that I desperately want. (SD) Also, during summer vacation, I won’t be laying around the house doing nothing. (CM) As soon as school ends, I will ask my parents to help me look for work. (CM) They will see that I actually have initiative and be glad to help me in my search. (CS) We can’t change the past, but we can change the future.

(1) What we should do in life is not hold little regrets like mine in high standard, but still think about them. (2) I always think about my mistake. (3) Why I didn’t do anything, still is a mystery to me. (4) Now I am going to try and get a job over the summer, to get the things that I want.

A) What I like most about this essay is that I am admitting to past mistakes. It takes a lot of courage for people (especially me) to admit they did something wrong. After I wrote this essay, a wave of relief washed over me. It was like I was letting it all out.

B) The hardest part about this assignment was the writing. I don't think that I did very well on the flow of my essay. It is like I am saying the same thing, but I don't know what else to put into it.

TS: Regrets are the things that you wished you did

SD: My Regret

CM: work is a good thing

CM: these are the things i needed the most

SD: during the summer i hang around

CM: But if i got my act together i would have used my spare time

CM: my mother wouldn't want to kill me

SD: i would have two essential things

CM: the first would be money

CM: the second would be a computer

CS: after much thought i realize that i should have worked this summer

No comments: